“I have been a Windows user and software developer since 1992, and a DOS user and developer since 1984. I used to hate Macs and as recently as 9 months ago my avatar on one of my forums was John Hodgman (the PC guy from the Mac ads),” David Alison blogs. “Now I really enjoy using my Mac and am drifting away from Windows as a platform.”
• User Interface: Clean and uncluttered.
• Performance: After two months with my MacBook I have not had a single problem with this aspect of the machine.
• Compatibility: I can use [VMWare’s Fusion’s] Unity mode and have Windows applications share the desktop with my Mac applications.
• Portability: This MacBook provides the perfect balance for me.
• Software Availability: The range of applications is staggering and covers just about any category I could think of.
Alison explains, “After two months I still find the machine fascinating. I don’t hate my Windows XP machine, nor the Vista laptop or Ubuntu workstation I also have at my desk. I just don’t use them all that much anymore.”
Much more in the full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “RadDoc” for the heads up.]