Wristly has published their first Apple Watch Customer Satisfaction results. Over the last week, the Wristly panel crossed the 1,100 subscribers mark and more than 800 completed this week’s survey.

With a high degree of confidence, Wristly states that the Apple Watch is doing extremely well on the key metric of customer satisfaction. This appears to be contrary to speculation from some tech and other pundits. Barely three months after launch, v1.0 of the Apple Watch has reached an amazingly high level of customer satisfaction. An astounding 66% are already “very satisfied / delighted” with Apple Watch and 31% of our panelists are “somewhat” satisfied with the Watch. Summing these two figures yields an Overall Customer Satisfaction rating of 97%.

Comparing Wristly’s customer satisfaction results for the Apple Watch with previous customer satisfaction results conducted by ChangeWave Research for the first generation versions of the iPhone and iPad, the results were very positive for the Apple Watch, as a 97% customer satisfaction rating places it ahead of both of these beloved Apple “v1.0” products. This is a very strong early indicator of Apple’s product execution for its first wearable product.

Lately, in the absence of any hard data from Apple, there has been a meme circulating (echoing is more like it) that the Watch might not be doing very well. This has been fueled, in part, by a study utilizing e-commerce data from U.S. digital receipts, but mostly by several industry pundits’ reports discussing personal observations of their Watch usage. To test this thesis, Wristly analyzed the satisfaction score by type of users in their panel.

Wristly found that 9% of their panel members work in tech and specifically have a job building or marketing mobile apps (“App Builders”) with another 34% classifying themselves as having different roles within the Tech industry (“Tech Insiders”) – the balance (also the majority at 53%) are comprised of everyday users of the Apple Watch (“Non Tech Users”). When Wristly analyzed this week’s customer satisfaction through the lens of this grouping, they found significant differences emerge in the degree of satisfaction for the Watch.

Wristly Apple Watch User Research, July 14-July 19, 2015

Wristly Apple Watch User Research, July 14-July 19, 2015

If looking at the “Satisfied” + “Very Satisfied” numbers for the “Non Tech Users,” the result is only bit higher than the other two cohorts. But looking specifically at the “Very Satisfied” category, the differences are staggering – 73% of “Non Tech Users” are delighted vs 63% for “Tech Insiders,” and only 43% for the ‘App Builders.” Wrislty is quite confident of this trend as it maps closely to the prior Net Promoter Score (“NPS”) research they conducted last month, where most claimed that the Watch was good, but only for certain types of early adopters. Today, we can see clearly that the mainstream consumers in our panel (and perhaps across the world?) are delighted with their Apple Watches.

More info via Wristly here.

MacDailyNews Take: So, “normal” people, the average Joe and Jane, in other words: the vast majority of consumers are delighted with their Apple Watches already. And this is even before watchOS 2 with native apps is delivered to their Apple Watches in a couple months!

SEE ALSO:
Apple Watch satisfaction is unprecedented at 97%; beats original iPhone and iPad – July 20, 2015
Taking off the Apple Watch for one week – don’t ever make me do that again! – July 14, 2015
My week without Apple Watch – July 7, 2015
The Inquirer reviews Apple Watch: ‘Undoubtedly the best smartwatch’ – June 26, 2015
Newt Gingrich reviews Apple Watch: ‘Very helpful and surprisingly natural’ – June 19, 2015
One month with my Apple Watch: Why I’m loving it – June 17, 2015
Dalrymple reviews Apple Watch: ‘My most personal review ever’ – June 16, 2015
Apple Watch: 45 days later – June 8, 2015
Computerworld’s deep-dive Apple Watch review: ‘After a month of use: Very positive’ – June 8, 2015
Living with Apple Watch: One month in – June 3, 2015
Apple Watch: The early adopter’s take – June 1, 2015
Jean-Louis Gassée: Five weeks with Apple Watch – May 31, 2015
Ben Thompson: Apple Watch is being serially underestimated – May 20, 2015
BGR reviews Apple Watch: ‘A major technological achievement; you won’t want to take it off’ – May 7, 2015
The Telegraph reviews Apple Watch: Object of desire – May 7, 2015
Cult of Mac reviews Apple Watch: ‘Futuristic, fun and fan-flipping-tastic’ – April 28, 2015
PC Magazine reviews Apple Watch: ‘The best smartwatch available’ – April 28, 2015
Apple Watch owners shame so-called professional reviewers – April 27, 2015
Tech.pinions’ Ben Bajarin reviews Apple Watch: ‘Powerful’ and ‘completely new’ – April 8, 2015