Analyst: Launch day iPhone buyers split pretty evenly between iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, most looking at 128GB models

“Financial analyst firm Piper Jaffray polled 83 people waiting in line for an iPhone 7,” Mike Wuerthele reports for AppleInsider. “The company found that 54% of launch buyers were looking at buying an iPhone 7, with the remaining 46% set on buying the iPhone 7 Plus, what the firm calls ‘essentially the inverse’ of launch traffic for the iPhone 6 and 6s.”

“According to the firm, more buyers were seeking the 128 GB capacity than the 256 GB model, which may have been affected by the larger phone not being available at retail,” Wuerthele reports. “The analyst firm assumes that the larger Plus-sizes of the iPhone also will attract customers seeking higher storage capacities, as it has in the past.”

Wuerthele reports, “Piper Jaffray believes that the polling size decrease over the peak of 608 hit with the iPhone 4 has little to do with demand, and more to do with the vast array of pre-ordering options now available to customers.”

Read more and see the full results of the survey in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Hmm, we have an extra Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Jet Black, 256GB shrink-wrapped in the box sitting on the desk in front of us. How much do you think it’s worth right now?

Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Jet Black, 256GB
Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Jet Black, 256GB


Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.