“Late Tuesday night Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer, a finalist and runner-up for Time’s 2012 Person of the Year award, visited the 5th Avenue Apple Store in New York City,” Eli Langer reports for CNBC.
“Mayer posted a tweet to Twitter that read: “The 5th Avenue Apple store at 11pm. Wow…” The tweet also included a Flickr photo taken from the stairwell of the store as she headed downstairs,” Langer reports.
If a photo speaks a thousand words, here’s what this one tells us:
1) Mayer doesn’t have the most up-to-date Apple iPhone… [she] still owns an iPhone 4S
2) No one seems to notice Mayer is there… no public tweets made note of her presence
3) Mayer chose not to use a filter on her Flickr photo
4) Yahoo and Apple may be warming up to each other
5) Yahoo is playing offense. Mayer’s tweet… silently promotes Flickr – Yahoo!Flickr’s iOS app
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Marissa Mayer in a tight red dress on an exercise ball. Wow…
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Fred Mertz” and “Rainy Day” for the heads up.]
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer announces major overhaul of Yahoo’s popular email service – December 11, 2012
Why does Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer consider Apple’s Siri the perfect search engine? – October 19, 2012
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer chooses Apple iPhones over Android phones for all 10,000+ employees – August 21, 2012
5 things Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer can learn from Steve Jobs – July 20, 2012
Marissa Mayer to get close to $60 million (and maybe more) as Yahoo CEO – July 19, 2012
New Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer was secret iPhone user at Google – July 18, 2012
Marissa Mayer leaves Google to become Yahoo CEO – July 16, 2012