Apple has unveiled the comapny’s lineup of iPhone accessories:
• iPhone Bluetooth Headset: Make and answer iPhone calls wirelessly with this compact and lightweight Bluetooth headset. The iPhone Bluetooth Headset features a single button that lets you make and receive phone calls simply and intuitively. And it delivers up to 5.5 hours of talk time and up to 72 hours of standby time thanks to its built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. An iPhone Dual Dock and iPhone Bluetooth Travel Cable are also included. $129
• Apple USB Power Adapter: Use this compact, convenient USB-based adapter to charge your iPhone or iPod at home, on the road, or whenever it’s not connected to a computer. An Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable is included. $29
• iPhone Dock: The iPhone Dock offers easy access to a USB port for syncing or charging, and audio line out for connecting to powered speakers. Also includes an Apple USB Power Adapter and an Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable. $49
• Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable: This USB 2.0 cable connects your iPhone or iPod — directly or through a Dock — to your computer’s USB port for efficient syncing and charging, or to the Apple USB Power Adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet. $19
• iPhone Dual Dock: Give both your iPhone and your iPhone Bluetooth Headset a place to call home. The iPhone Dual Dock also includes an Apple USB Power Adapter for convenient charging. $49
• iPhone Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack: These Dock Adapters enable your iPhone to connect to the iPod Universal Dock and other products that use the Universal Dock system. You can even conduct speakerphone calls with your iPhone in the Dock. $9
• iPhone Stereo Headset: The iPhone Stereo Headset is designed like the Apple iPod headphones and features a high-performance microphone fitted with a windscreen. You can quickly answer and end iPhone calls and control basic music playback simply by pressing a button on the mic. $29
• iPhone Bluetooth Travel Cable: Use this cable to charge your iPhone Bluetooth Headset while you sync or charge your iPhone. $29
• Works with iPhone: Look for the “Works with iPhone” logo to find electronic accessories designed to connect specifically to iPhone and certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
• iPhone TTY Adapter: This adapter lets you use your iPhone with standard TTY devices. Just plug the cable from your TTY device into one end of the iPhone TTY Adapter, then plug the other end of the adapter into your iPhone. $9
Apple says that “Many iPod accessories that use the 30-pin connector — such as chargers and speakers — may also be compatible with iPhone, even though they haven’t been certified as ‘Works with iPhone.'”
When you connect an uncertified accessory, your iPhone will notify you and present you with the option to go into Airplane Mode, which turns off the communication capability of the iPhone while it’s connected to that accessory. This means that you’ll avoid potential audio interference, but you’ll be unable to make or receive calls. If you choose not to enter Airplane Mode, you can make and receive calls, but you may experience some audio interference.
See Apple’s iPhone accessories here.