You just dropped a nice chunk of change on your new Pro Display XDR and Apple Pro Stand unit(s) and Apple, via a new support document, wants to make sure you don’t damage your gorgeous new display:
Your Pro Display XDR has either standard or nano-texture glass. To prevent damage to your display, follow these important guidelines for cleaning the display panel and enclosure.
Clean the nano-texture glass
Use only the dry polishing cloth that comes with your display to wipe dust or smudges off the screen. Don’t add water or use other liquids to clean the nano-texture glass.
Never use any other cloths to clean the nano-texture glass. If you lose the included polishing cloth, you can contact Apple to order a replacement polishing cloth.
Clean the standard glass
• Use the polishing cloth that came with your display or another clean, dry, micro-fiber cloth to wipe dust or smudges off the screen.
• For additional cleaning of the standard glass, first disconnect the display from power. Add a small amount of water to the cloth and wipe the screen.
Don’t clean the screen of your display with a cleaner that contains acetone. Never spray cleaner directly on the screen. It might drip inside the display and cause damage.
Clean the enclosure and stand
Use these guidelines if additional cleaning of the enclosure (the sides of the display and the stand) is required.
• Disconnect the display from power, its connection to your computer, and from any external devices.
• Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide to clean the enclosure.
• If dust enters the enclosure, use a vacuum with an anti-electrostatic brush tip to clear dust from the enclosure.
Don’t use compressed air to clear dust from behind the display panel.
Clean the polishing cloth
1. Hand wash the polishing cloth with dish soap and water.
2. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Allow the polishing cloth to air dry for at least 24 hours.
MacDailyNews Note: Learn how to clean other Apple products here.
You don’t clean it, that’s the maid’s job. If you can afford one, you can afford the other.
How until a nano glass iPhone screen comes out? I want I want!
For everyone complaining about the price of the Mac Pro, wait a year or two and you’ll see them being sold used or in the refurb store for a discount.