“When Apple opens its seventh Houston-area store in the Highland Village shopping center on Friday, it will boast the largest sales area of the company’s Texas retail outlets,” Dwight Silverman reports for The Houston Chronicle.
“The store’s doors will open at 8 a.m. Friday, the same day that Apple’s third-generation iPad will go on sale,” Silverman reports. “An Apple spokeswoman would not say whether all its stores will open at that time on Friday, but an early opening is typical when the company starts selling a new iPad or iPhone model.”
Silverman reports, “The first 1,000 customers in the store on Friday will get a commemorative T-shirt, the spokesperson said. Chances are that most of those will be buyers in the line that is expected to form for the new iPad, which Apple announced last Wednesday. The other Houston-area Apple stores are in the Galleria, Memorial City Mall, Baybrook Mall, The Woodlands Mall, Willowbrook Mall and First Colony Mall.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: What you need to know when buying iPad.
Before You Arrive
• Make sure your existing iPad is running the latest version of iOS.
• Back up the data on your existing iPad to iCloud. For instructions on how to back up your iPad, read this Support page.
• Create an Apple ID if you don’t already have one by visiting the Apple ID page.
What to Bring with You
• Carrier account password, if you have one.
• Your Apple ID and password.
[Attribution: Cult of Mac. Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Dan K.” for the heads up.]