Build 9A559’s “seed note indicates very few known issues and is overall very stable according to feedback we were given on it,” Roussos reports.
This “leaves no more than two to three weeks for Apple to release a Golden Master build,” Roussos reports.
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: A typical software release cycle:
• Pre-alpha (testing and design)
• Alpha (about 1/3rd complete)
• Beta (usually the first release to public testers, bug fixing, largely feature-complete)
• Release candidate (Called “Final” above; code complete, or no new code being added, with ongoing source code fixes)
• Gold Master (master copy of a release)