“Apple’s Xserve may find Intel processors inside of it ahead of any Power Mac upgrade, sources report. Intel is currently on track to deliver Woodcrest, the code-named successor to its Xeon processor targeted at servers, in June, and sources say Apple is eying the release of the first Intel-based Xserve around July,” Think Secret reports. “Apple’s Power Mac systems, meanwhile, are expected to make the transition to Intel processors with the Core 2 Duo, code-named Conroe, for which Intel is targeting a July release. It has been widely speculated that new pro systems will debut around Apple’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference, which takes place in early August.”
Full article with news of “Merom” Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pros coming by summer’s end here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “LinuxGuy” for the heads up.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.