“Samsung Electronics said on Sunday it has changed the graphic designs used in its latest handset model ‘Skin,’ after it was found to have copied Apple and Microsoft artwork,”Cho Jin-seo reports for The Korea Times. “The electronics giant admitted plagiarizing designs of the handset’s graphic user interface. Many graphic designers and other Internet users on various Web communities such as http://www.appleforum.com over the last two weeks have accused the firm of stealing the designs.”
“‘There were a few mistakes while we were developing the new product,’ Chung Kook-hyun, chief of Samsung’s corporate design center, told The Korea Times by phone. ‘We have already fixed the designs and I believe that the old models are not being sold in the market anymore.’ Chung said he did not identify how or by whom the copied icons were put into the new cell phone. Samsung said that it recalled the Skin phones from retailers nationally, and users who already purchased the phone can update the graphic menu by downloading software via the company homepage,” Cho Jin-seo reports.
Full article with side-by-side comparisons of the icons here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Yuli” for the heads up.]
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.