Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer has postponed his first official visit to Bangalore, India that was originally scheduled for April to September 2006. Recruiting for the Apple’s “R&D center” and technical support facility are currently ongoing. Jobs is said to want Apple’s “R&D center” in Bangalore to be functional visiting the facilities, according to a report from CyberMedia News.
Apple has plans to hire approximately 3,000 people in India by 2007.
MacDailyNews Note: “R&D center” is CyberMedia News’ term, not ours. It is our understanding that the Bangalore project is a “technical support facility” and have not heard of any “R&D center” component outside of this CyberMedia News report.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple says Bangalore facility won’t cause any existing American job cuts – March 17, 2006
Apple to send Jobs to Bangalore in April – Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Apple to hire 3,000 for massive technical support facility in Bangalore by 2007 – March 09, 2006