“Apple had a strangely quiet 30th birthday over the weekend, but it hasn’t been staying in and watching Pixar films – according to a UK retailer we’ve been speaking to, it’s been adding the finishing touches to a Bluetooth iPod,” Mark Wilson writes for Stuff Magazine. “Rumours of a ‘Pod with the wireless tech built-in reached fever pitch in February 2005, but it looks like the jukebox is finally ready to appear in the Apple store, along with a deluge of accessories.”
“Chief among these would likely be a pair of Bluetooth headphones… There are also some potentially nefarious uses that’d explain why the concept’s been so long in the making. You could transfer tunes wirelessly between iPods or, even better, create a personal radio broadcast that people sitting near you on the bus could tune into,” Wilson writes. “One thing a Bluetooth iPod 1.0 probably won’t include is ultrawideband, the new super-fast, video-streaming version of the wireless tech that could in future let you stream films to TVs around the home from your little jukebox.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
New iPod coming soon? Apple places 60GB 5G iPod on 60-day ‘at risk’ list – March 17, 2006
Generator Research: Apple to Ship $4.2bn in Wireless iPods (WiPods) by 2010 – March 14, 2006
Ready for your wireless Apple iPod? – February 09, 2006