“Apple Computer investors should be wary of recent supplier news suggesting a negative outlook for iPod sales, according to Piper Jaffray. ‘Our preliminary analysis of iPod unit shipment data from NPD leads us to believe that Apple is on track to meet or slightly exceed our iPod unit assumptions and be primarily in line with Street numbers,’ wrote analyst Gene Munster in a research note today. The analyst reiterated an ‘outperform’ rating on Apple with a $103 target price,” Forbes reports.
“Piper Jaffray’s preliminary forecast for March-quarter iPod sales is 9 million, based on January data points,” Forbes reports. “Separately, Citigroup upgraded Apple to ‘buy’ from ‘hold’ today on expectations that the company will start beating earnings estimates later this year. The research firm also expects Apple to complete its Intel transition some time in August.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: Apple is scheduled to report their fiscal Q2 06 earnings and hold their quarterly conference call on April 19, 2006.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Bear Stearns: Current Apple weakness is a buying opportunity – March 13, 2006
Citgroup analyst expects ‘fairly eventful’ Apple announcement around 30th anniversary on April 1st – March 13, 2006
Citigroup ups Apple to ‘buy,’ expects Intel transisiton to be complete in all Macs by August – March 13, 2006