Comedy Central’s press release:
Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show With Jon Stewart’ and ‘The Colbert Report’ Launch on the iTunes Music Store
Full Episodes of “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report” Available the Day After Broadcast for Download on iTunes
NEW YORK, March 8 — COMEDY CENTRAL’s Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and the hit series “The Colbert Report” are now available on the iTunes Music Store (http://www.itunes.com). Fans can now purchase these critically acclaimed late-night series for $1.99 per episode or can choose the new “Multi-Pass” feature on iTunes allowing fans to buy the next month’s worth of 16 new episodes for just $9.99.
“We are excited that ‘The Daily Show’ and ‘The Colbert Report’ are now available to download on the iTunes Music Store,” said Michele Ganeless, executive vice president and general manager, COMEDY CENTRAL. “Fans of the most trusted names in fake news can now take Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert with them everywhere they go.”
“We’re thrilled to offer ‘The Daily Show’ and ‘The Colbert Report’ on iTunes,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “Our newest feature ‘Multi-Pass’ gives fans the ability to purchase a block of 16 episodes of these hit programs during the current season and have them delivered automatically to their computer after they air on TV.”
The new “Multi-Pass” feature on iTunes is now available for these COMEDY CENTRAL hits. Purchasers of “Multi-Pass” have access to the next 16 new episodes of “The Daily Show” and “The Colbert Report.” Repeat shows will not be included in the 16 consecutive episodes purchased. In addition to “Multi- Pass,” consumers have the option to download individual episodes for $1.99.
In January, COMEDY CENTRAL launched content on the iTunes Music Store with “South Park,” “Drawn Together” and “COMEDY CENTRAL Stand-Up.”
COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 88 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL is a registered trademark of Comedy Partners. COMEDY CENTRAL’s Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple adds Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show,’ ‘The Colbert Report’ to iTunes with Multi-Pass option – March 08, 2006