Adobe today announced the immediate availability of Adobe ColdFusion 8 software. ColdFusion 8, a powerful development tool for building dynamic Web sites and Internet applications. Since May 2007, more than 14,000 developers have actively participated in the ColdFusion 8 public beta, praising the new capabilities in this latest version.
ColdFusion 8 Server Monitor lets developers swiftly identify bottlenecks and tune the server for better performance. “The server monitoring capabilities in ColdFusion 8 are outstanding, offering granular-level access to identify slow requests and terminate runaway processes,” said Nick Walters, programming manager, Lightyear Network Solutions, in the press release. “We can now receive actual detail as to which requests are taking the longest and which objects within a page are performing poorly. Server monitoring with ColdFusion 8 is leaps ahead of third-party applications on the market.”
ColdFusion 8 enables developers to seamlessly integrate their ColdFusion applications with other Adobe technologies such as Adobe Flex, PDF, Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR), and Adobe LiveCycle. ColdFusion 8 also uses Ajax-based components, enabling developers to design and deploy engaging applications by integrating complex environments into intuitive interfaces.
ColdFusion 8 is available in two editions:
• ColdFusion 8 Enterprise Edition is a high-performance solution for delivering multiple Web sites and applications on one or more servers, or on existing J2EE application server installations. Enterprise Edition is available for US$7,499 per 2-CPUs.
• ColdFusion 8 Standard is an easy-to-manage configuration for single applications that is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses. Standard Edition is available for $1,299 per 2-CPUs.
ColdFusion may also be used for development at no cost with the free Developer Edition, a full-featured server for development use only. Special upgrade pricing is available to owners of valid ColdFusion MX 6 and 7 licenses.
Macintosh System Requirements:
• PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
• Mac OS X v.10.4.x
• 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
• 500MB of available hard-disk space
• DVD-ROM drive
More info here.