Staples, one of the world’s largest internet retailers, has announced its Staples App for iPhone now supports Apple Pay. Now iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users can conveniently make purchases from within the Staples app using Touch ID, eliminating the need to fill out forms or enter in a credit card number. The updated Staples App with Apple Pay is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Staples also announced that customers will soon be able to use Apple Pay at Staples stores across the U.S., making it easy to securely and privately pay for purchases from their iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch, upon availability. The in-store roll-out is expected within a few weeks.
As noted by Apple, security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When customers add a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the card numbers are not stored on the device or on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on the device. Each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code, instead of using the security code from the back of the card.
“We’re excited about the capabilities that Apple Pay offers our customers,” said Faisal Masud, executive vice president of global e-commerce, Staples, in a satepemnt “Innovations like these will help customers quickly find and pay for the products they need to make more happen. Apple Pay is the key feature of our updated iPhone app, and is another example of how we’re making it easier for consumers and small businesses to shop and check-out whenever and however they want.”
The reinvented Staples App was built with an entirely new design, offering customers the best omnichannel features possible at a much improved speed. The app provides a totally new shopping experience with a faster, more intuitive interface, quicker, simpler checkout and enhanced search and navigation functionality. Other highlights include:
• New Weekly Ad page, redesigned to showcase the best in-store deals and allowing users to view deals by category
• Immediate access to Staples Rewards from the shopping cart, making them easier to redeem
• Customizable search results, sortable by price, category and relevance
• Easy Store Finder with the ability to check store inventory
• Staples is an authorized reseller of iPhone, iPad® and accessories. Staples also offers free shipping for Staples Rewards members, up to five percent back in • Staples Rewards when purchasing technology products, the ability to either buy online and pick-up in store or buy online and ship to store for pick-up, and a price match guarantee.
The Staples App is available for free from the App Store here.
Source: Staples, Inc.