Apple today released OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Update which is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
This update includes:
• Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
• Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
• Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
• Fixes an issue that prevented iLife and iWork apps from updating on non-English systems
• Addresses an issue that may cause multiple prompts to unlock “Local items” keychain
• Addresses an issue that may cause Japanese keyboards to retain a previously used language
• Resolves issue that prevents a Contact group name from populating the address field
• Includes Safari 7.0.1
• Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to become unresponsive when filling out forms on fedex.com, stubhub.com, and other websites Improves Credit Card Autofill compatibility with websites
• Improves VoiceOver compatibility with facebook.com
• Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
For detailed information about this update, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6065About the OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Update.
OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 is available via Software Update and also via standalone installer.
More info and download link here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Lynn Weiler” for the heads up.]