Apple today released Apple TV Software Update 5.0.1 for 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TV units.
• iTunes previews: Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
• AirPlay: Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
• Home Sharing: Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
• Netflix: Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
• Stability and performance: Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.
To update your Apple TV to the current software version:
1. Select Settings > General > Update Software. Apple TV checks to see if an update is available and a download message should appear if an update is available.
2. Click Download and Install to start the download process.
Important: Do not disconnect your Apple TV during the update process. The Apple TV status light may flash slowly during the update and restart process; this is expected behavior.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Brawndo Drinker” and “Lynn Weiler” for the heads up.]