“Time to shed your naivety and get serious about OS X security. The BackDoor.FlashBack trojan is a wake up call for all Mac users — here are 10 easy (and free) things you can do right now to make your Mac more secure and stay infection free,” FairerPlatform reports.
Top 10 free ways to secure your Mac:
1. Turn off Java in Safari
2. Keep Mac OS X up-to-date
3. Turn off automatic login
4. Use strong passwords
5. Turn off “Open safe files…”
6. Turn on OS X’s Firewall
7. Turn off unnecessary Sharing services
8. Turn off unnecessary Sharing services (part 2)
9. Download and use antivirus software
10. Download from trusted sources only
More info and instructions in the full article here.