“Steve Jobs changed industries. But he also
had [has] an eye for great ad campaigns. As the world looks towards a new era at Apple, we wanted to take a look at the most-watched ads under Jobs’ leadership at Apple,” Visible Measures reports.
“We looked at the ads that audiences actually choose to watch, not interruptive pre-roll or auto-play ads,” Visible Measures reports. “An actual person needs to press the play button for the view to count. Each ad is measured on a True Reach basis, which combines the brand-driven and audience-driven clips from across the Web.”
“If you had to guess which Apple ad is the most-watched of all time, you’d probably guess the famous 1984 spot,” Visible Measures reports. “It’s be called one of the best ads of all time, so you’d be in good company. But you’d be wrong.”
Visible Measures reports, “1984 is Apple’s second most-watched ad of all time. The first? The iPhone 4 FaceTime campaign, featuring a six-minute introduction to Apple’s video calling feature, FaceTime.”
Top 10 Apple Viral Video Ads of All Time
Rank. Campaign, Product – True Reach™
1. iPhone 4 FaceTime, iPhone – 17,369,058
2. 1984, Macintosh – 10,268,252
3. Get A Mac, Mac – 8,069,049
4. Introducing iPad 2, iPad – 6,505,428
5. Meet iPad, iPad – 3,598,966
6. iPad Apps, iPad – 3,363,178
7. Think Different, Mac – 2,957,372
8. iPad is, iPad – 2,796,038
9. iPhone 4 FaceTime See it, iPhone – 2,385,744
10. We Believe, iPad – 2,345,477
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: You can probably guess which ad we love the most (#7). Which is your favorite?
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “JES42” for the heads up.]