Stwutter is a new Mac App that combines Twitter + voice.
Simply put, tweets are spoken to you, and you can interact back with the tweets using voice commands.
MacDailyNews Take: This could be a boon to twitterholics, anyone who wants to keep up with Twitter without stoppyour their work, and also for the visually impaired, but the reason this is here is because we fell in love with Erin’s totally unassuming, sweet demeanor and, of course, her Canada hat. Her messy geekified room (complete with Mars rover poster) didn’t hurt, either! Watch the video featuring Erin, a.k.a. RobotGrrl below.
Stwutter speaks your Twitter timeline out loud as new tweets stream in. You can interact with the tweets through voice commands. Stwutter is ideal for those who are visually impaired, and it a great tool to monitor your tweets without having to interfere with your workflow or entertainment.
– Tweets are spoken out loud
– Uses the streaming API providing you with the fastest delivery of tweets
– Modify the voice and its characteristics
– Handy status bar and dock menu for quick muting/unmuting
– Ability to automatically open websites mentioned in default browser
– Follow various search keywords
– Choose a time delay for after each spoken tweet (ideal for using voice commands)
– Specify queuing and buffer options of tweets
– The icon is a robobrrd
– “Read last tweet”: reads the last tweet that was spoken
– “User information”: speaks about the user who tweeted, their bio and how many follow them
– “Open website”: opens the website (if any) mentioned in the tweet
More info about and download link for Stwutter via Apple’s Mac App Store here.
RobotGrrl’s blog is here: robotgrrl.com/blog/
RobotGrrl on Twitter is here: twitter.com/RobotGrrl
And, don’t forget, MacDailyNews on Twitter is here: twitter.com/MacDailyNews/