“Conflicting reports about AirPrint support in iOS 4.2 and Mac OS X 10.6.5 are coming from all over the place, and the whole iOS community is more or less in the dark as to the current state and future of AirPrint,” PadGadget reports.
“Here is what we know: our iPads running iOS 4.2 GM (8C134) do not see printers shared by our Macs running the official 10.6.5 version of OS X (10H574) released yesterday,” PadGadget reports. “Interestingly enough, if you happen to run one of the beta versions of OS X 10.6.5, the feature works, and is well documented in the release notes coming with the betas.”
PadGadget reports, “Having said that, and let’s make it clear, AirPrint has not been pulled, it just doesn’t work with shared printers, but works flawlessly if you happen to be the lucky owner of a network printer directly compatible.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: AirPrint-compatible HP printers:
• HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer (C410)
• HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer series (C310)
• HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer series (B210)
• HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One Printer Series (D410)
• HP Photosmart eStation Printer series (C510)