Apple has (finally!) posted Google’s updated Google Mobile App for iPhone and iPod touch which now features voice and My Location search.
Google Mobile App is free. Features include:
1. Voice search – Speak your queries instead of typing them. Just bring the iPhone to your ear, wait for the tone, then speak your query
2. Search with My Location – Search for nearby businesses and more without specifying where you are located
3. When you type, get time-saving suggestions for:
– website shortcuts, like Wikipedia articles
– search history
– word completions
4. Fast access to Google services like Mail, Earth, Photos, Talk, Reader and more
5. Apps tab – you can re-order Google Apps to make it easier to access your favorites
6. Expanded Preferences – set up the App to better suit your needs
Voice search is only supported on iPhone and works best for North American English accents. Other languages coming soon.
Google shows off Google Mobile App:
Google Mobile App (version 0.3.142) via Apple’s App Store is here: iTunes link.
MacDailyNews Note: Tested. It works well. This is definitely one of those apps you’ll use to show of your iPhone!
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Ken” for the heads up.]