NewsGator announced today the general availability of NetNewsWire 3.1, an RSS reading experience that synchronizes through NewsGator’s online platform. The new product version delivers a better user experience with the inclusion of significant performance, usability, and relevance enhancements.
NewsGator also announced that all of its client RSS reader products are now available free of charge and include free synchronization along with other services.
New in NetNewsWire 3.1:
• UI update with new toolbar icons.
• Performance and memory enhancements including an improved Combined View which uses multiple pages to display long lists of items.
• HTML Archive feature – saves news items as HTML files on disk. These files are compatible with any web browser.
• Desktop integration – Address Book, iCal, iPhoto, Growl, Twitterrific and more.
• Improved Combined View, feed “cover art”, full-screen mode, and tabs with thumbnails and animations.
• Synchronized clippings – read your saved articles from the web or another NewsGator reader.
• Microformat detection for contacts and calendar events.
• Automatic checking for newer versions of the software.
• Automatic download of podcasts and transfer to iTunes.
• Smart lists to aggregate news from your feeds based on criteria.
More info and free download link here.