“Another January means another round of fortune telling. The week leading up to Macworld Expo is when pundits predict what Apple has in store for us in the new year. With that let’s dive into what Steve Jobs could announce at the Moscone Center in San Francisco one week from today,” Jason D. O’Grady blogs for ZDNet.
O’Grady’s list from most to least likely (with his odds):
• iLife & iWork ’07 (1:1)
• “iTV” (1:1)
• Mac mini goes Intel Core 2 Duo (1:1)
• Mac OS 10.5 possible release (2:1)
• Mac Pro with quad-core Intel Xeon (2:1)
• New Cinema Displays with HDMI (2:1)
• iPod bump to 100GB (2:1)
• Apple Phone (10:1)
• Thin 12-inch MacBook Pro (50:1)
• Mac Tablet (100:1)
• iPod with WiFi and/or Bluetooth (100:1)
Full article with discussions of each of the listed items above here.
Remember, Macworld Expo doesn’t contain the word “Mac” for nothing. With so much on the plate for Macintosh (Leopard) this year, iPods and iPod phones (unless they run Mac OS X or a variant thereof) may have to wait for special event(s) in order to not dilute Apple’s Mac message next week.