“Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Taiwan’s largest electronics company, said stockholders approved plans to sell NT$58.8 billion (US$1.8 billion) of shares overseas to fund expansion, including possible takeovers. The value of the 300 million shares is based on the stock’s closing price of NT$196 a piece in Taipei. Details and pricing will be set by Chairman Terry Gou later, Hon Hai said at its annual meeting at its headquarters in Tu-Chen City, Taiwan,” George Hsu reports for Bloomberg.
Gou said he expects the company’s revenue to grow at least an average 30 percent in the next five years on rising orders for components from customers such as Sony Corp. and Apple Computer Inc., whose iPod music players are assembled by Hon Hai,” Hsu reports.
“Apple is about to unveil the next generation of iPod, the best-selling music player in the U.S., using a ‘none-touch’ concept, Gou said without elaborating,” Hsu reports.
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “LinuxGuy” for the heads up.]
“None-touch,” as in voice-controlled? Apple Macs already have Speech Recognition, of course. More info on that technology here. Or how about motion-detection via gestures or similar input? If your Nike shoes can talk to your iPod, then a motion sensor on the iPod itself can, too. Or just a bad translation or misquote for “touchscreen?”
Oh, almost forgot, our prayers go out to Chairman Gou. If this is true, we wouldn’t want to be anywhere near Steve Jobs when he finds out the beans have been spilled.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Patent application shows iPod capable of live wireless video conferencing – June 13, 2006
Apple video-capable iPod nano on the way? – May 25, 2006
Apple patent application filed for automatically matching iPod music tempo to exercise level – May 25, 2006
Nike and Apple team up to launch Nike+iPod, footwear that talks to your iPod – May 23, 2006