“Despite a softening in demand for iPods, analysts believe strong Intel Mac sales will fuel solid third quarter results for Apple Computer, which reports next month,” Katie Marsal reports for AppleInsider.
Marsal reports, “American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu said on Thursday that Apple’s Mac business appears ahead of plan for the quarter while its iPod business is slightly slacking. ‘We are seeing weaker iPod nano shipments offset by strength in video iPods and iPod shuffles,’ Wu wrote in a note to clients. ‘We continue to believe the iPod nano is in need of a refresh and will likely see one in the September quarter.'”
“The analyst, however, believes Apple’s Mac business ‘will essentially offset’ the weaker iPod sales,” Marsal reports. “His model includes 1.3 million Macs (up from 1.2 million) and 8.3 million iPods (down from 8.5).”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Judge Bork” for the heads up.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Merrill Lynch increases Mac computer revenue growth estimates – June 15, 2006
Analyst: Apple set for ‘breakout’ fourth quarter – June 13, 2006