National Semiconductor Corporation capped off its most successful fiscal year in history today by equipping every one of its 8,500 employees with a 30-gigabyte video iPod. While designed for personal entertainment, the popular Apple MP3 player will be used as a new training and communications tool at National, providing a convenient real-time method for employees to download National podcasts and other employee communications.
“We’re looking for new and more effective ways to communicate with our employees — and the iPods will help us do both,” said Brian L. Halla, National’s chairman and CEO, in the press release.
National announced record operating profits and gross margin Thursday when it announced its Q4 and fiscal year 2006 financial results. The Company’s 1,600 Santa Clara employees celebrated the milestones at National’s annual employee picnic Friday afternoon. Halla announced the Company’s iPod communications program at the picnic.
The analog integrated circuits that National designs, manufactures, markets and sells provide portable devices (such as the iPod) with longer battery life, sharp images and crystal clear sound.
“Our employees were vital contributors to our most successful year in National’s 47-year history, and we wanted to equip them with the tools to help us create more value for our customers,” said Halla. “The Apple iPod exemplifies the next stage of the consumer electronics revolution as content such as downloadable music, movies and digital photos –as well as a compelling user experience– takes center stage. And, it’s analog that makes the difference. This is where National, and our employees, deliver value to our customers.”
Additional company and product information is available at ]http://www.national.com]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.