“The D&AD Global Awards, billed as the creative industry’s ‘Oscars’, are held annually, and seek to reward the very best in design across print, motion, and online. The Awards are judged by some of the world’s leading creative practitioners, say organizers,” Digit reports. “The 44th Annual D&AD Awards also saw 54 Yellow Pencils awarded to work that sets new benchmarks in creative excellence.”
Apple picked up two Yellow Pencil Awards in Product Design for its 5G iPod and iPod Nano.
Last year, Apple took home Silver Awards for both the 4G iPod and iPod mini in the ‘Products for the Home’ category (Yellow Pencil) and a Silver Award (Yellow Pencil) for the Cinema Display in the ‘Product for Work and Industry’ category.
• Amazon.com: Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Tiger Edition by David Pogue
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Steve Jobs and Apple Computer designer Jonathan Ive take home coveted D&AD design awards – May 26, 2005