Today Tellme Networks announced that Avadis “Avie” Tevanian, former software CTO of Apple Computer, has joined its Board of Directors. Tellme operates the world’s largest Internet application network for the phone, handling billions of calls per year and used by more than 30 million people every month. Some of the applications running on Tellme’s network include customer service for Merrill Lynch, E*TRADE and American Airlines, directory assistance for Cingular and Verizon and e-commerce services for Amazon.com and Fandango.
“Avie’s expertise in building products that consumers love is core to what we do. He is a fantastic addition to Tellme’s Board and will help guide our technology team on both product and platform development. We are excited to have him at Tellme,” said Mike McCue, Tellme CEO and co-founder, in the press release.
Tevanian is a widely recognized technical leader, having spent decades developing software platforms. He was one of the principle engineers for the Mach OS kernel, lead efforts to create NeXT Computer’s innovative NEXTSTEP and most recently served as the Chief Software Technology Officer at Apple Computer where he was responsible for the development of Apple’s Mac OS X.
After a career involved with some of the world’s most innovative companies and creative teams, Tevanian retired from Apple in March 2006.
“Tellme is set to revolutionize how every consumer uses a telephone based on its Internet-based open platform, which is accessible from any phone. I’m excited to be working with the Tellme team on the tremendous opportunities before us,” comments Avie Tevanian in the press release.
He joins current Tellme board members Peter Currie, Mohan Gyani, Kevin Harvey, John LaMacchia, Mike McCueand Naomi Seligman. His appointment to Tellme’s Board of Directors is effective immediately.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple CTO Avie Tevanian to leave Apple on March 31 – March 28, 2006
Avie Tevanian named Chief Software Technology Officer of Apple – July 08, 2003