WaterField Designs, a leading San Francisco based designer of custom-fitted computer cases and bags, introduced a new laptop protective SleeveCase today specifically for Apple’s new 17″ MacBook Pro. Made of ballistic nylon and high-grade neoprene, the SleeveCase is customized to the MacBook Pro dimensions for a snug fit. The new laptop sleeve adds itself to the list of over 40 custom laptop cases available from WaterField Designs for the Apple and PC market.
The Waterfield SleeveCase is available in a vertical or horizontal orientation making it easily accessible from either a briefcase or backpack. Customers can choose to add a front flap for added protection or a strap for carrying the SleeveCase by itself. They can also opt for a “Piggyback”, a detachable gear holder to carry computer or other accessories, which attaches to the front of the case.
Frequent flyers can insert the MacBook Pro SleeveCase into a wheelie or larger bag to comply with the 2-bag carry-on limit. After boarding, the SleeveCase can then be conveniently taken out before stowing the larger bags.
Originally owner and chief designer, Gary Waterfield, produced the SleeveCase in response to a request from the director of the MIT media lab. “The members of his lab wanted something they could use separately or in another bag that would provide good protection while remaining light weight and easy to access. They didn’t want zippers to slow them down or to potentially scratch their laptops. We designed the SleeveCase out of the strongest materials available. We added the Indium trim for style and so that the sleeves would look great with our other bags like the Cargo and Vertigo.”
The 17″ MacBook Pro SleeveCase can be used with any of the WaterField bags like the Cargo, Cozmo or VertiGo. For stowing other laptop accessories, WaterField offers the Gear Pouch, the Cable Guy, an iSight and a keyboard case.
The 17″ MacBook Pro SleeveCase is $40.00. Optional accessories for the 17″ MacBook Pro SleeveCase include: adding a front flap ($15.00), a suspension shoulder strap and D-rings ($18.00), the Piggyback ($22.00).
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Booq announces new sleeve for Apple’s 17-inch MacBook Pro – April 25, 2006