“I received via email yesterday a request from Apple Legal to essentially remove any Front Row related postings and files,” Andrew Escobar, developer of “Front Row Enabler” writes in his blog. The free application allowed users to install Apple’s Front Row application on an Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.5 or above.
[…] Your use of Apple’s trademarks and copyrighted materials violates Apple’s intellectual property rights, which Apple has an affirmative obligation to protect.
Apple therefore must insist that you cease use of Apple’s trademarks and copyrighted images and that you stop offering the unauthorized downloads of Apple’s Front Row software. […]
Escobar writes, “I obviously am complying because I support Apple’s right to defend its intellectual property [and] I don’t want this to escalate any further.”
More info here.
MacDailyNews Note: Front Row Enabler is still available via MacUpdate here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Mac enthusiast Web site offers Front Row, Photo Booth to all Mac users – November 01, 2005