The OSx86 Project Forum this morning features the following announcement:
(OFFLINE Board Offline) We’re sorry to report that despite our best efforts, the OSx86 Project has been served with a DMCA violation notice. The forum will be unavailable while we evaluate its contents to remove any violations present. We thank you for your patience in this matter.
Most-recently, OSx86 reported on a hidden poetic warning to would-be Mac OS X for x86 hackers from Apple and that hacking guru Maxxuss has announced preliminary patches for Apple’s Mac OS X 10.4.4 for Intel. News reports such as these remain on the x86 site, but the forum has been taken offline due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act violation notice.
There is no word from OSx86 about who initiated the complaint that resulted in the DMCA violation notice.
The OSx86 Project Forum offline message is here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader “sailfish” for the heads up.]
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Apple’s Mac OS X 10.4.4 for Intel cracked – February 15, 2006
Apple offers hidden poetic warning to would-be Mac OS X for x86 hackers – February 15, 2006