“A Redditor claims his Galaxy S3 blew up by the side of his bed as he was sleeping — and says these are the pictures that prove it,” Moran reports. “User Vizionx1208 posted snaps of his obliterated device on the social news site. He said he fell asleep after setting the phone to charge but was suddenly woken up by ‘a loud noise and a weird squeaking sound.'”
Moran reports, “His room quickly filled with smoke and a chemical smell. The phone, still plugged into the wall, was on the verge of catching fire. The mini blast also burned his mattress cover.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Shoulda bought a real iPhone instead of settling for a cheap plastic knockoff.
And, what’s good for the goose is doubly good for the goose’s illegal clone.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader "TM" for the heads up.]