This week, Apple released iOS 14.5 beta 1 and iPadOS 14.5 beta 1 to developers. These are large updates that deliver a number of practical improvements and overall enhancements to iPhone and iPad, respectively.
What’s new in iOS 14.5 beta 1 [and iPadOS 14.5?]?
• Updated Software Update screens
• Unlock with Apple Watch
• Horizontal boot screen iPad
• Cellular connectivity updates
• Apple Music updates
• Reminders app enhancements
• Updated Podcast app
• Apple Fitness+ Workouts AirPlay 2 support
• Maps app redesigned guides
• PS5 / Xbox Series X controller support
• Dedicated Search tab in News app
• Siri interface updates
• Apple Card updates
MacDailyNews Take: In iOS 14.5 beta 1, Apple Watch Unlock when Face ID detects the user is wearing a face mask works very well!
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Fred Mertz” for the heads up.]