Jonny Evans has a nice collection of iPhone tricks that Apple has been “hiding” from users (not really hiding, but you have to know where to look.)
Want your iPhone to flash when a call comes in?
This is simple, but how to do it recently changed:
• Tap Settings>Accessibility.
• In the Hearing section choose Audio/Visual.
• In Visual enable LED Flash for alerts.
• You may also want your device to flash when a call comes and it is in Silent mode.
How to see all your recently closed Safari tabs:
• Open Safari
• Tap the tabs button (the two boxes at the lower right)
• Now tap and hold the + (plus) button to find a list of all your recently closed tabs.
How to use a trackpad on iPhone:
Typing a message and want to select a specific word or letter? Wouldn’t it be much easier if iPhones actually had a trackpad? It sure would. Which is why there is one: Just press and hold the virtual keyboard until it grays out. Now you can move your finger around the greyed out keyboard and the cursor moves just like a trackpad.
MacDailyNews Take: There are 15 more hidden iPhone tricks in Evan’s full article. Give it the once over and you might discover some you don’t know that may prove useful!