“macOS Sierra is here and available for everyone — well, at least anyone who owns a Mac made in the last six years,” David Nield writes for Gizmodo.
macOS Sierra, the latest major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system, is available as a free update now from Apple’s Mac App Store. macOS Sierra supports all Macs introduced since late 2009. For more information, visit: www.apple.com/macos/sierra.
“If you’re wondering what’s new in Apple’s latest software update, and want to head straight to the fresh goodies after you download it, we’ve rounded up nearly everything new you can do in one handy list,” Nield writes. “Here are 13 things you can do with macOS Sierra that you couldn’t do before.”
1) Talk to Siri
2) Copy and paste universally
3) Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch
4) Rearrange everything on the menu bar
5) Do more with Messages
6) Find your photos more easily
7) Share notes across iCloud
8) Use Apple Pay on the web
9) Optimize your Mac’s local storage
10) Keep your desktop in iCloud
11) Enable picture-in-picture mode in Safari
12) Add annotations to your pictures
13) Use tabs instead of windows in desktop apps
Full explanation of each feature in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: We’ve already used #7 with grocery lists and it works! Being able to have more than one person out shopping – even in different stores, with each checking off items on a single, shared grocery list is a big timesaver!
Of course, #1 is extremely useful and so is, somewhat surprisingly, #2.
Of the 13 items listed above, what’s most valuable to you?