The Pixelmator Team has two Pixelmator updates ready for users to download: Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1 and Pixelmator for iPad 1.0.2.
Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1
Pixelmator for Mac comes wrapped in some new and pretty neat features. You’ve been asking about them for some time, so we’re quite excited to announce that with Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1, you now can:
• Pinch to zoom within a document window.
• Scroll your shapes, gradients, and styles collections within Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes.
In addition to the new features, Pixelmator squashed some bugs and improved the Pixelmator performance. You can now properly see the document window bottom side, the Info bar now correctly displays X and Y coordinates, the Pixelmator folder now always appears in iCloud Drive, and much more.
Pixelmator for iPad 1.0.2
Pixelmator for iPad has got some love, too, with some great improvements with rotation, so it’s now so much easier to rotate objects, the brushes have been remastered to work better with styluses, and a whole lot more:
• Easier to rotate objects on the canvas.
• You can rotate even more precisely with the new Rotate slider in Format > Arrange.
• A new Opacity slider to adjust brush tip opacity.
• A new Brush Size slider to adjust the Retouch tool tip size.
• Remastered brushes to work better with styluses.
• A slew of fixes to preserve EXIF metadata:
• Image metadata is preserved when using Pixelmator Photo Editing Extension;
• Image metadata is preserved when opening and exporting images to Photo Library;
• Image metadata is preserved if image is opened from iCloud Drive.
• A bunch of fixes to improve Photo Editing Extension:
• Remastered Blur effect to work better;
• Minimized the extension app executable file size to lower memory footprint;
• Removed all unnecessary resources so the extension package is even smaller.
• The selection drawing performance is way better now.
• Sharpen effect performance is greatly improved.
• Sharpen/Soften retouching tools’ intensity is improved.
• Selection animation now restores correctly when switching between apps.
• Removed irrelevant warning about color profiles when exporting PNG or JPG files to Pixelmator iCloud Drive.
• Fixed several minor memory leaks.
• Improved app launch stability. Please upgrade to iOS 8.1.2, too. If you are still experiencing any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Improved compatibility with Pixelmator for Mac shapes.
• Improved the Paint Selection tool performance.
• Fixed possible crashing issue related to the Paint Selection tool.
• Added Traditional Chinese localization.
MacDailyNews Take: MacDailyNews uses Pixelmator daily and we highly recommend the app for both Mac and iPad.