Apple devices dominate ‘TV everywhere’ in U.S.

“Apple dominates ‘TV everywhere’ — a buzzword coined by Time Warner Cable in 2009 to describe the “authenticated streaming” concept pioneered a few years earlier by ESPN,” Philip Elmer-DeWitt reports for Fortune.

“The pitch to viewers is simple: Pay your monthly cable or satellite TV bill, and we’ll let you watch our content on just about any device that has a screen and a connection to the Interne,” P.E.D. reports. “In a chart-packed publication issued Monday, the folks at Adobe Digital Index reported that 47% of legally streamed TV shows last quarter were watched on an iPhone, iPad or iPod. Add the 7% viewed on a Mac, and Apple’s share of the total streamed video market in Q4 2013 rises to 54%.”

P.E.D. reports, “Note that the data are for the U.S. only; China is not included. Nor, apparently, is Apple TV.”

Full breakdown of “TV everywhere” requests by OS/Device in the full article here.

[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Ellis D.” for the heads up.]


  1. How does including AppleTV viewers to the other iOS devices and Macs help promote either Google, Samsung or Android? It doesn’t so you have to taint or fudge the data some. Watch the money trail. Until Apple starts really spending some advertising dollars, this abuse will continue.

    1. Yes, we want to be healthier and use amazing Apple products to help do so, but it’s ironic that we may be required to keep our iPhones close to our bodies all day long for effective monitoring. Cellphones are microwave transmitters! To mitigate possible health risks, some of us keep our phones, near us, not always on us.

  2. Subscribe to your local newspaper (and have the fish wrap delivered to your door) in order to gain internet access to the same articles on-line. This is how outdated media stay “relevant.”

Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.