With Apple TV software 6.0 or later, you can now set up your Apple TV (3rd generation) by transferring the following from your iOS 7 device simply by touching the devices together:
• Wi-Fi network and password
• iTunes Store account
• Language and region format preferences
To use your iOS device to set up Apple TV, you need the following:
• Apple TV (3rd generation) using Apple TV software 6.0 or later
• One of these iOS devices using iOS 7 or later
• iPhone 4s or later
• iPad (3rd generation or later)
• iPad mini
• iPod touch (5th generation)
Follow these steps to set up your Apple TV (3rd generation) using your iOS 7 device:
1. Connect your Apple TV to your television and power and wait until your Apple TV displays the setup screen.
2. Unlock your iOS 7 device and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled. Also ensure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use with Apple TV.
3. Touch your iOS device to your Apple TV and wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS device and Apple TV.
4. Enter your Apple ID and password on your iOS device.
5. Choose if you want Apple TV to remember your Apple ID password, and if you want Apple TV to send data to Apple. (Note: This does not change your iOS device preferences.)
Your Apple TV will start the configuration process, including connecting to your Wi-Fi network, activating Apple TV, and setting up your iTunes Store account. When complete, your Apple TV is ready to use.
Advertisement: Apple TV just $94.98 @ MacMall.
Source: Apple Inc.