“Ibrahim Balic thinks he may be the ‘intruder’ identified by Apple in an attack against its Developer site but says he had no malicious intent in mind,” Lance Whitney reports for CNET.
“Apple reported on Sunday that an ‘intruder’ tried to gain access to developer data last week, prompting the company to take down its Developer Center Web site. Apple has since brought the site back up,” Whitney reports. “In a lengthy comment to a TechCrunch story posted on Sunday, Balic identified himself as a security researcher who consults for different firms and has started doing research on Apple. In his investigation, he said he found 13 bugs on the Developer site, which he reported to Apple through its bug-reporting site.”
Whitney reports, “One the bugs apparently provided him with access to user data, which he said he immediately reported to Apple.”
Read more in the full article here.
Apple developer website taken offline after hacker attack – July 22, 2013