Samsung Galaxy phone explodes, catches fire in woman’s pants pocket causing third degree burn

“It was just another day at work for the 18 year old Swiss Fanny Schlatter, when all of a sudden she heard an explosion and could smell something funny,” Newlaunches reports.

“To her horror her cellphone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 had exploded in her pants and had caught fire,” Newlaunches reports. “The flames were high enough to reach her shoulder, fortunately the young Swiss woman’s life was spared by her boss’s timely action who ripped her pants.”

Newlaunches reports, “Fanny survived the horrendous ordeal with second and third degree burns to her thigh.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Samsung phones are smokin’!

[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Fred Mertz” and “JayinDC” for the heads up.]

Related articles:
Samsung Galaxy phone ‘explodes’ as man sleeps – May 28, 2013
Another Samsung Galaxy phone explodes; man being treated for second-degree burns – February 4, 2013
Report: Samsung Galaxy S III phone explodes in user’s car in Ireland – June 22, 2012

32 Comments

  1. She also is lucky that the professionals, nowadays, mostly use WATER PAINT… and no more white spirit based products: she was just about putting cans back in her boss’s van!

    1. Whereas, were she an 18 year old working just another day for Bill ‘Bubba’ Clinton, she wouldn’t have been wearing any pants and thus avoiding such a horrific event all together!

  2. MDN, you fail to see the larger strategy here. Samsung built in planned obsolescence into its Galaxy S3 phones, so that people will have to buy a replacement Galaxy S4 and therefore increase Galaxy S4 sales.

    Come on, wake up after a long July 4 weekend!

Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.