“A U.S. judge on Tuesday set a December 6 court date to hear Apple Inc’s request for a permanent injunction against Samsung Electronics’ smartphones, which could delay the potential impact of Apple’s crushing legal victory,” Dan Levine reports for Reuters.
“Apple on Monday identified eight devices it will seek preliminary injunctions against, and said it would file for a permanent sales ban,” Levine reports. “A hearing about the preliminary injunctions had been scheduled for September 20 but it is not clear if this issue will be addressed at that hearing or moved to December.”
Levine reports, “In an order on Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh said that due to the scope of Apple’s preliminary injunction request, she believed it was ‘appropriate’ that various post-trial motions be consolidated.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: December 6th! Yes, 3 more months of Samsung infringing on Apple’s patented IP and trade dress with their stolen products. Right up into the Christmas shopping season, too. Idiocy.
This is thwarting justice – justice called for by the jury’s verdict – via gross incompetence. Lucy Koh is a fool.
The expeditiousness of government is matched only by molasses flowing uphill. – MacDailyNews Take, August 28, 2012