“Yesterday Apple’s [attorney] Harold McElhinny presented the firm’s closing arguments in the massive Apple v Samsung patent trial,” David Price reports for Macworld UK.
It’s a complex case, so we’ve summarized Apple’s arguments below:
1. Documents, not witnesses, are key
2. Look at the timeline
3. Samsung has been reluctant to co-operate
4. Apple’s designs aren’t simply functional
5. Samsung hasn’t proved that Apple’s designs are obvious:
6. Consumers were confused by the products’ similarity
7. …and this made Apple’s products seem less special
8. Samsung copied Apple-designed functions
9. Samsung’s figures for revenue and lost sales are not properly sourced
Much more in the full article – recommended – here.