FileMaker, Inc. today released Bento 4 for iPad, the new version of the leading personal database app, that lets anyone create their own personal productivity apps on iPad.
Bento 4 for iPad changes the way people will view personal productivity on iPad. Solo business owners, knowledge workers, freelancers, contractors, consultants and home-based business owners now have an easy way to make their own apps to organise contacts, track projects, plan events and manage lists. Apps are both created and run within Bento 4 for iPad.
New features of Bento 4 for iPad include:
– One-tap linking to the Bento Template Exchange to access hundreds of free, ready-to-use templates to get started in seconds
– Powerful design tools that let users customise templates, create forms and organise information with a tap
– 40 retina display-ready themes that add coordinated backgrounds, fonts, and shading to mirror a user’s personal style
– New ways to see and interact with your information such as Table view, Split view and Full Screen view
– The ability to add calculations, encrypted fields and GPS location fields
“With Bento 4 for iPad it is amazingly easy for anyone to create their ultimate personal productivity app – right on their iPad,” Ryan Rosenberg, Vice President, Marketing and Services, FileMaker, Inc., in the press release.
Bento 4 for iPad can be used by itself to create apps for personal use on iPad. Bento 4 for iPad can also be synchronised with Bento 4.1 for Mac. Bento 4.1 for Mac is available as a free update and provides existing Bento 4 for Mac users compatibility with the new Bento 4 for iPad.
Bento 4 for iPad is immediately available on the iTunes app store. Until July 31, customers can purchase Bento 4 for iPad at the special introductory price of US$4.99 (price will be $9.99 starting August 1, 2012). Bento for iPhone can be purchased for $4.99.
New users can get Bento 4.1 for Mac at the special price of $29 until July 31. This is $20 off the regular price. Price will be $49 starting August 1, 2012. Bento 4.1 for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyse and share important information. The company’s products are the FileMaker line – versatile business software for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web – and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Source: FileMaker, Inc.