We are currently test-driving Pixelmator 2.0 and we can tell you that it is a major release due to hit Apple’s Mac App Store tomorrow at a $29.99 introductory price (free update for version 1.x owners).
We’ll have more info for you tomorrow, but for now we can tell you that Pixelmator 2.0 is absolutely packed with new features, including:
• New look and feel
• Drawing Tools and Shapes
• Healing Tool with Content-aware fill
• Smudge, Sponge, Burn, Dodge, Eyedropper, Pixel, and Red Eye Tools
• New Type Tool
• Auto Save and Versions
• Red Eye Tool
• Pixel Tool
• Column and Row marquee tools
• New Gradient editor
• New Brushes editor
• Shadows and Highlights
• New, easier color choosing
• Numerical input for palettes
• Content-aware Fill for selections
• Improved Quartz Composer support
• Improved Transforming tools
• Support for PSD text layers
• Mac OS X Lion UI support new scrollers, gestures, buttons, menus, and more.
• Many more improvements
Stay tuned for more info tomorrow!
In the meantime, check out Pixelmator Team’s sneak preview here.