Indeeo has announced the latest release of iDraw, a new drawing and illustration application designed specifically for Apple’s revolutionary iPad. Originally launched with the grand opening of the iPad App Store in early April, iDraw has already received several significant updates and is currently at version 1.0.3.
With support for vector shapes, brushes, layers, text, images, fully customizable canvas styles (and much more!), iDraw is the most feature-packed vector illustration application available on iPad.
Create stunning illustrations, layouts, diagrams, photo montages – or any other design you can imagine – using the many built-in drawing tools.
– Vector brush and pencil tools for smooth drawing and sketching
– Essential collection of shape creation tools with customization options
– Powerful bezier pen tool for creating custom shapes
– Multiple layer support allowing you to create intricate designs
– Color picker with brightness and transparency
– Multi-stop linear and radial gradient editor
– Multi-line text support
– Full-featured font picker
– Text shape clipping
– Drop shadows
– Images (rotate, scale, with alpha transparency)
– Customizable canvas/paper styles
– Snap to grid, arrange and alignment settings
– Export designs as vector-based PDF
– Copy designs as PNG images to paste into other iPad applications
– Save designs to your Photos Library as PNG images
– Share designs with others via email
iDraw started life in 2001 as a powerful, yet easy to use, illustration application for Mac OS X. At the time Mac OS X was an exciting new operating system, with few applications taking full advantage of the platform. iDraw was written from the ground up in Cocoa and Objective-C, using Quartz rendering and the many new native technologies in Mac OS X. A completely new and updated iDraw for Mac is also coming soon.
iDraw for iPad builds on the original foundation of the Mac version, but has been completely redesigned and re- imagined to work beautifully on iPad. With the ease and simplicity of multi-touch, and the work-anywhere mobility of the iPad, powerful illustration has never been more accessible.
iDraw is priced at US$8.99 and available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store in the Entertainment category.
Indeeo, Inc. is a small young company dedicated to creating exciting Mac, iPhone, and iPad software. Located in Palo Alto, California, Indeeo was founded in 2009 by Adrian Diaconu. Prior to Indeeo, Adrian founded MacPowerUser Software in 2001 creating two popular Mac applications – MenuStrip and iDraw – and later worked as a software engineer on the iLife team for Apple, Inc. from 2002-2009.
Source: Indeeo, Inc.
More info via Apple’s iTunes App Store here.
MacDailyNews Take: We tested this app and found it to be stable and useful. Anyone who says iPad is just for consumption and not for creation, either doesn’t know what they’re talking about or isn’t telling the truth.