Microsoft has released Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.7 update which, according to Microsoft, “contains changes that improve security and performance.”
“This update also includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer’s memory by using malicious code,” Microsoft claims.
This patch applies to:
• Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
• Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition
• Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition
• Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
• Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac
• Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac
• Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
More info and download link here.
MacDailyNews Take: Many users think they need Office on their Macs. Most don’t. After being called vain, stupid, and wasteful by Microsoft, no one should.
We dumped Microsoft Office years ago for iWork which just keeps getting better and better (instead of dropping features like Office) and we couldn’t be happier. We advise our millions of unique monthly visitors to do the same.
Don’t just take our word for it, give Apple’s free 30-day iWork ’09 trial a try and see for yourself.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Zach M.” for the heads up.]