“We have it from a reliable source that a version of the 3G iPhone’s firmware has been released — possibly for carrier partners currently field-testing the device — and has since been dissected,” Ryan Block reports for Engadget.
Hardware details include:
• Infineon PMB6952 / S-GOLD3 six-band UMTS / HSDPA transceiver
• Murata LMRX3JCA-479 tri-band amplifier (we’re assuming for the 3G)
• Sony SP9T antenna switch for GSM / UMTS dual mode
• ARM 1176JZF-S – Main CPU (same as in 1st gen iPhone)
• Skyworks 77427 chip – UMTS / HSDPA tx 1900MHz, rx 2100MHz
• Skyworks 77414 chip – UMTS / HSDPA 1900MHz
• Skyworks 77413 chip – UMTS / HSDPA 850MHz
• UMTS Power Saving option – on or off
• Hooks for Global Locate Library (GLL), software that handles A-GPS related commands for the host processor
More info here.