Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2007 third quarter ended June 30, 2007. Apple posted revenue of $5.41 billion and net quarterly profit of $818 million, or $.92 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $4.37 billion and net quarterly profit of $472 million, or $.54 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.9 percent, up from 30.3 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 40 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
Apple shipped 1,764,000 Macintosh computers, representing 33 percent growth over the year-ago quarter and exceeding the previous company record for quarterly Mac shipments by over 150,000. The company also sold 9,815,000 iPods during the quarter, representing 21 percent growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple did not release an exact number of iPhones sold. Apple stated the company sold 270,000 units of “iPhone (4GB and 8GB models combined) and related products and services” which “consists of iPhones and Apple-branded and third-party iPhone accessories” in less than two days of quarter.
“We’re thrilled to report the highest June quarter revenue and profit in Apple’s history, along with the highest quarterly Mac sales ever,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, in the press release. “iPhone is off to a great start — we hope to sell our one- millionth iPhone by the end of its first full quarter of sales — and our new product pipeline is very strong.”
“We are very pleased to report strong financial results including cash flow from operations exceeding $1.2 billion for the quarter,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO, in the press release. “Looking ahead to the fourth fiscal quarter of 2007, we expect revenue of about $5.7 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $.65.”
Apple will provide live streaming of its Q3 2007 financial results conference call utilizing QuickTime, Apple’s standards-based technology for live and on-demand audio and video streaming. The live webcast will begin at 2:00 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 here and will also be available for replay.
MacDailyNews Note: Analysts’ consensus estimates for Apple’s 3rd fiscal quarter expected revenue of $5.28 billion and net income of $645.6 million, or 72 cents per share, up from $472.0 million, or 54 cents per share, for the year-ago period. Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer’s guidance for Q3 07 expected “revenue of about $5.1 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $.66.”
5:28pm EDT: In after-hours trading, APPL shares stand at $144.83, up $7.57 from their $137.26 closing price.
Apple’s recent earnings and unit sales information:
• Q3 (ended 06/30/07): revenue $5.41 billion, net profit $818 million, 1.764 million Macs, 09.815 million iPods
• Q2 (ended 03/07/07): revenue $5.26 billion, net profit $770 million, 1.517 million Macs, 10.549 million iPods
• Q1 (ended 12/30/06): revenue $7.10 billion, net profit $1 billion, 1.606 million Macs, 21.066 million iPods
• Q4 (ended 09/30/06): revenue $4.84 billion, net profit $546 million, 1.610 million Macs, 08.729 million iPods
• Q3 (ended 07/01/06): revenue $4.37 billion, net profit $472 million, 1.327 million Macs, 08.111 million iPods
• Q2 (ended 04/01/06): revenue $4.36 billion, net profit $410 million, 1.112 million Macs, 08.526 million iPods
• Q1 (ended 12/31/05): revenue $5.75 billion, net profit $565 million, 1.254 million Macs, 14.043 million iPods
• Q4 (ended 10/11/05): revenue $3.68 billion, net profit $430 million, 1.236 million Macs, 06.451 million iPods
• Q3 (ended 07/13/05): revenue $3.52 billion, net profit $320 million, 1.182 million Macs, 06.155 million iPods
• Q2 (ended 03/26/05): revenue $3.24 billion, net profit $290 million, 1.070 million Macs, 05.311 million iPods
• Q1 (ended 12/25/04): revenue $3.49 billion, net profit $295 million, 1.046 million Macs, 04.580 million iPods
• Q4 (ended 09/25/04): revenue $2.350 billion, net profit $106 million, 836,000 Macs, 02.016 million iPods
• Q3 (ended 06/26/04): revenue $2.014 billion, net profit $61 million, 876,000 Macs, 860,000 iPods
• Q2 (ended 03/27/04): revenue $1.909 billion, net profit $14 million, 749,000 Macs, 807,000 iPods
• Q1 (ended 12/27/03): revenue $2.006 billion, net profit $63 million, 829,000 Macs, 733,000 iPods
The Electronic Frontier Foundation says that Apple’s plan to delay a controversial backdoor to scan users’ photo libraries, ostensibly for…
Apple TV+ today announced a series order for “Amber Brown,” a new series based on the best-selling books by Paula Danziger that will be…
Apple today updated its iWork suite of productivity apps with new features, including pivot tables in Numbers, that enable users to present…
Peloton shares extended declines on Tuesday following news that Amazon is launching a service called Halo Fitness to rival offerings…
U.S. consumer confidence this month unexpectedly fell to its lowest since February, intensifying concerns about the economy’s prospects…